Requirements for Contract Providers

Requirements for Contract Providers:

To become a contracted child care provider for the Cherokee Nation, a provider must submit an application by mail (OKDHS Licensed Providers) or in person to a Child Care Worker in one of the sub or field offices. On-site inspections will be made. Periodic monitoring visits will be made to insure continued quality of services and compliance with Health and Safety Requirements.

Licensed Child Care Centers and Child Care Homes must be currently licensed by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Child Care Centers must meet a minimum of a 1+ Star Rating. Cherokee Nation requires the provider complete an application with the following documents:

  • Completed application and a signed agreement form
  • IRS W-9 form
  • Declaration of prior criminal convictions
  • OKDHS Child Care License
  • Star Certificate
  • CDIB Card (if applicable)
  • Must be in substantial compliance with OKDHS Health and Safety Requirements


Registered Family Child Care Homes known as Exempt Relative Providers are the grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, or adult sibling not living in the home of the child. The relationship can be by blood or marriage. Registered Providers are exempt from DHS licensing. Registered providers must meet the tribes Health and Safety Standards of Operation and Quality of Service. Periodic monitoring visits are made. Document include:

  • Completed application and signed agreement form
  • IRS W-9 form as an independent contractor
  • Declaration of Prior Criminal Convictions
  • Authorization for OSBI Background Check
  • Proof of Residence
  • CDIB Card (if applicable)


Title Modified Date Size
Provider Orientation PowerPoint-revised Nov. 2018 11/15/2018 342.42 KB